OAN seeks a part time staff member to help support this growing organization!
Are you intrigued??? Then read on…
Under the direct supervision of the Director, you will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support for Ohio Afterschool Network staff, members and volunteers. You will perform duties such as record keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, and working on special events and projects, as well as answering non-routine correspondence with the public and OAN partners. You will interact with a diverse group of stakeholders, from direct service providers to CEOs of community-based organizations to State and Federal Legislative offices. Independent judgment will be required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
The most qualified candidate for this role will have growing expertise in communications and event planning and a passion for learning more about Afterschool and Summer Learning policy issues and best practices.
Position Start Date:
This is a part time office position, 24 hours per week with the potential of being increased to 30 hours per week in February. Starting salary will range from $18 – 20 per hour, depending on experience, with room for growth based on performance.
The OAN Office is located at 74 West William Street in Delaware, Ohio.
- Make regular information updates to the OAN website
- Respond to requests for information by the public, members or partner organizations
- Coordinate payment for events and other activities
- Regularly interact with staff and volunteers to ensure OAN meetings and events are communicated consistently and accurately
- Set up and manage registration for events and activities on the OAN website
- Assist with logistics for quarterly membership meetings, regional hub meetings and committee meetings, including coordinating meeting space and professional development offered
- Assist Director with aspects of the OAN Statewide Conference, including communicating with funders, presenters and participants
- Attending job-related meetings and conferences around the state
Qualifications / Experience:
- Ability to pass an FBI and BCI background check
- High school diploma required; Degree preferred
- Interest in working for a small, fast-paced and challenging non-profit organization focused on increasing access to quality Afterschool and Summer Learning programs for Ohio’s youth
- Professional demeanor with capacity for critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage several projects at one time
- Ability to work in a collaborative and team environment alongside OAN staff, members, volunteers, partners and Leadership Team
- Ability and interest in becoming trained in various web-based office productivity applications required to manage information and effectively operate a non-profit organization, including WordPress, Mail Chimp, Survey Monkey, Slack, Membee, Grasshopper, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft, Google and Apple applications required
- Some travel in state is required, but mileage is paid
OAN is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all race, color, religion, sex, age, ability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity to apply.
Please email your cover letter and application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply is Friday, July 6, 2018 at 5:00 PM EST.
We want to thank everyone who applies for this position in advance. Only successful applicants will be contacted for interviews.