THE POWER OF THE NETWORK…
WE ARE STRONGER TOGETHER… OAN is the only statewide organization that brings national evidenced-based best practices and resources to Afterschool and Summer Learning professionals to the state of Ohio. Because of our strong national, state and local partnerships, we can provide resources and connections with speed and efficiency.
Members of OAN are innovative, forward thinking Afterschool and Summer Learning professionals with a heart for youth and an eye on the future. They are leaders in the field who believe in providing high quality programs for youth so that they can grow and become successful adults.
- OAN is a CONVENER – we draw together providers, partner organizations and allies to have a space to share and to learn from one another.
- OAN is a CONNECTOR – we help those seeing resources, information, or partners to make connections in a meaningful way.
- OAN is a COLLECTIVE VOICE – we unite the field to make needs and concerns heard.
That is the Power Of The Network.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE VALUE?
OAN’s MISSION: The Ohio Afterschool Network convenes stakeholders to advocate for, support and facilitate the development of quality, sustainable Out-of-School time programs for Ohio’s children and youth.
OAN’s VISION: All of Ohio’s children and youth have access to quality Out-of-School time programs.
OAN’s QUALITY STATEMENT: OAN believes quality in Out-of-School time programs is defined as programs that have intentional and strong program design, competent staff, effective partnerships, program evaluation and improvement plans.
CONTACT US: Can’t find what you’re looking for? Have a specific question? Give us a call! Our phone number is 1-833-OAN-OHIO (833-626-6446). You can also drop us a line here…
Tips to Navigate This Site…
Take the following actions to better understand the work going on in Ohio…
- CLICK ON A BANNER PICTURE… head to the top of this page to read more about the current priorities of OAN.
- READ THE LATEST NEWS… scroll down to click LATEST NEWS to learn more about policy and advocacy or to take deeper dives into topics.
- FOLLOW OAN ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER… to get breaking updates on what is happening around Ohio and see pictures of work in action. A live feed is on the right of this page.
- BECOME A MEMBER… click the JOIN button on the top right of this home page to receive the newsletter and gain access to the “members only” section of this website.
- ATTEND AN EVENT… join either an OAN event or one of our many partners’ events to network with others in your field or receive professional development. Click on the UPCOMING EVENTS tab at the bottom of the page to register or pay for OAN and OAN partner events.